Restricted category To view older posts, you must first submit an approved post in that category

Goldman Sachs Software Engineer Interview Questions

Here are some Goldman interview questions (behavioral + technical):

-You are heading an extremely important report that has been reviewed multiple times, but right before publishing, you notice a mistake. what do you do?
-What do you do when you do the majority of a project, but then all your credit is taken by someone else?
-Given a string representing an expression of fraction addition and subtraction, you need to return the calculation result in string format. The final result should be irreducible fraction. If your final result is an integer, say 2, you need to change it to the format of fraction that has denominator 1. So in this case, 2 should be converted to 2/1.
-Given two integers representing the numerator and denominator of a fraction, return the fraction in string format. If the fractional part is repeating, enclose the repeating part in parentheses.
-Given a m * n matrix mat and an integer K, return a matrix answer where each answer[i][j] is the sum of all elements mat[r][c] for i - K <= r <= i + K, j - K <= c <= j + K, and (r, c) is a valid position in the matrix.
-Given a string S, consider all duplicated substrings: (contiguous) substrings of S that occur 2 or more times. (The occurrences may overlap.) Return any duplicated substring that has the longest possible length. (If S does not have a duplicated substring, the answer is “”.)
-Given n non-negative integers representing an elevation map where the width of each bar is 1, compute how much water it is able to trap after raining.
-Your weekly report codebase has a bug. However, this report is not incredibly important. What would you do?