Restricted category To view older posts, you must first submit an approved post in that category

Goldman Engineering Interview Questions

These questions really took me back to college math classes… Glad I still remembered how to do them

-What is the limit of (Cos(x)-1)/x^2 as x approaches 0?
-Alice and Bob choose an integer each in the range of [1, 10]. All choices are equally likely. What is the probability that neither of the chosen numbers will be the square of the other?
-If the probability of a random variable X with space R_x = {1, 2, 3, …, 12} is given by f(x) = k*(2x-1), then, what is the value of the constant k?
-f(x) = integral of (1+t^4) dt from 3 to x. Find f^(-1)’(0), the derivative of the inverse of f, evaluated at 0.
-Which of the following vectors does NOT belong to the subspace spanned by -2i+3j+k and I+j+2k?

4 Likes

What are your thoughts on finance tech vs. silicon valley tech? Curious to hear your thoughts…

Not OP but I also interviewed for Goldman. This is always an interesting question because the environments are quite different. I think it really depends on the type of work you enjoy doing: innovative/experimental (SV) or more rigid and conservative (finance).

I ended up choosing Goldman because I started work in finance and liked the culture. I studied CS but started out in IB. It’s been quite interesting staying in the stay industry but shifting into tech. Might try out a company or even start up in the valley in a few years though to switch things up.

Hope this offers some unique insight!