Restricted category To view older posts, you must first submit an approved post in that category

FB Product Sense: Goal when 'Improve Product X'

I just saw David’s video on setting Goals for Product Sense question.

I like his approach when the question is about a product that ‘does not exist’ - such as ‘Find Apartment for Facebook’.

What is the recommended approach if the question is framed as
‘How would you improve XXX (existing FB product, such as Events, Groups, etc)’

Mentioning the Goal of the product you are improving makes sense, but I think you should also clarify/mention/propose what IMPROVEMENT GOAL you are pursuing,

Thoughts on this?

1 Like

I just started the course and I agree on this - you should definitely say the overarching goal on the product and then for the improvement I would set a separate goal, explain how they’re connected and why I would prioritize this improvement over others ( or essentially what change I expect to see that’s meaningful).

Awesome insight, but where is this video? @buddhaenergy mentioned something about a course?

Mentioning the Goal of the product you are improving makes sense, but I think you should also clarify/mention/propose what IMPROVEMENT GOAL you are pursuing,

What do you mean? (do you mean to say, specify along what dimension you want to improve the product? i.e. make X faster, more efficient, cheaper, more user-friendly, etc., something along those lines?)

What I’m thinking is something on the lines of

Question:
How would you improve Facebook Groups?

Answer:
(explain structure to the interviewer)
So, I’d like to start with Facebook mission, which is XXX.
Then, if I think about the Groups feature, I think its goal is YYY.
Based on ZZZ, I think the a good goal for my improvement could be INCREASE ENGAGEMENT (or whichever other goal)

What do you think?