Facebook’s interview process is extremely efficient. It only took 1 week from the online application to the first phone interview.
Here’s my experience and tips for you:
- Introduce my past experiences and was asked follow up questions based on what the interviewer had interest in. Make sure you know exactly what is on your resume (might be from years ago) and that you can talk about every experience in detail. Think about the questions the interviewer might ask when you prep (can you talk about this project in greater detail…) and be sure you have good, structured responses.
- Remove duplicates from an unsorted linked list
- Average of levels in a binary tree
I was asked if I had questions for the interviewer and asked the questions I had prepared beforehand (do this!). After about an hour, I received an email asking me to schedule a second round interview.
- Tell me about yourself
- Tell me about an interesting past project you worked on (follow up questions)
- Given an array of integers and a number x, find the smallest subarray with sum greater than the given value
- Vertical sum in binary tree
After the first two rounds, I promptly received an email from the recruiter telling me that I passed the first two rounds and will be moving on in the process. I will update if I continue the interview process successfully!
All of the technical questions mentioned above can be found online (Leetcode is a good resource). I would practice as much as I can before going into the interview and you might just get a similar question!