Restricted category To view older posts, you must first submit an approved post in that category

Facebook interview questions SWE

Totally forgot to share these questions with you all! I don’t remember what rounds I got these, but I jotted them down throughout the interview process. (Haven’t gotten a FB offer yet but will share when I hopefully do.)

-You are given a map in form of a two-dimensional integer grid where 1 represents land and 0 represents water. Grid cells are connected horizontally/vertically (not diagonally). The grid is completely surrounded by water, and there is exactly one island (i.e., one or more connected land cells). The island doesn’t have “lakes” (water inside that isn’t connected to the water around the island). One cell is a square with side length 1. The grid is rectangular, width and height don’t exceed 100. Determine the largest perimeter of the island.
-Given two non-empty binary trees s and t, check whether tree t has exactly the same structure and node values with a subtree of s. A subtree of s is a tree consists of a node in s and all of this node’s descendants. The tree s could also be considered as a subtree of itself.
-Given two non-negative numbers num1 and num2 represented as strings, return the sum of num1 and num2 .
-Serialization is the process of converting a data structure or object into a sequence of bits so that it can be stored in a file or memory buffer, or transmitted across a network connection link to be reconstructed later in the same or another computer environment. Design an algorithm to serialize and deserialize an N-ary tree. An N-ary tree is a rooted tree in which each node has no more than N children. There is no restriction on how your serialization/deserialization algorithm should work. You just need to ensure that an N-ary tree can be serialized to a string and this string can be deserialized to the original tree structure.

2 Likes